Whisper

Died when I was fifteen,
Shot at eight,
At eight this little boy, questioned if he could be great,
Someone told him he wasn't nothing,
The first shot he would take,

And multiple shots later,
As his age begins to get wise,
He becomes traumatized and no longer tries,
He's only fifteen,
And this young boy, already died inside,

The truth,
Remain concealed behind his eyes,
He smiles in public,
Yet feels no happiness inside,

He thinks,
Too many times I tried,
Too many times I failed,
I no longer believe,
I can succeed,
Because I repeatedly failed,

I wish someone could extend help,
Whisper in his ear,
That life has ups and downs,
So fight hard,
So when the good times come around,
You'll still be around,

Anticipate your time,
Plot out strategies,
That get you to your finish line,

Next time you see a youngster,
Whisper in their ear,
Next time you see a youngster,
Whisper in their ear,
Whisper in their ear

Writer: @living_everyday_optimistically (L.E.O.) - Instagram
Fan page: @LJS_Writings - Instagram and Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments