A Male Apology to Women

Purpose: We can't be held responsible for the actions of other males but we can apologize and hope to treat you so much better than the past....the pain may slowly drift away...


Too many times, 
Ran through, 
The vicious cycle,
Changed you, 

The boys transition to men, 
Met you, 
Forgive him for being, 
Less than you, 
While he benefited from receiving, 
The best of you, 

I apologize, 
For my gender too, 
You’re a queen, 
I never seen a lower view of you, 

We’re kings, 
Who didn’t always follow through, 
Or laid out the red carpet for you, 

Baby girl, you deserve it, 
I’m still hurting, 
The pain you’ve felt for so long, 
I’m replaying, 

Saying and saying over again, 
The sorry you’ve been given, 
Those apologies no longer touch your heart, 
Your sympathy for the tolerance, becoming too distant, 

And I’m steady wishing, 
That this one touch your heart, 
Because I care for you, 
Like people, who tend to their night thoughts, 

Your feelings are all I care about, 
Can’t erase the past, 
But the pain, 
I hope to rip it out, 

And tears fall, 
From both of our faces, 
And we lace back your spirit to love, 
Like intertwining shoes and laces, 

Because honestly, 
I love you, 
Want to heal the hurt, 

Cancel out the dirt, 
And plant a beautiful seed, 
That blossoms from the hurt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments