Two Close for Comfort

You continue to protect the close,
But do you know,
Constant protection is detrimental,
To your own relational growth,

Birds don't fly with caterpillars,
Sea animals don't live on land,
Some things aren't meant to fit together,
Like a bad plan,

Capture me now or let me slip away,
The choice is yours,
Do you have my back or will you back away,

What's a relationship without support,
It's like walking in a dark tunnel without a torch,
A marriage bond for divorce,
Just an appetizer without a full course,

Because even when the world belittle me,
I still stand on my feet,
Because the strength of my own,
Plus the support, I want to say,
You provide me,

In the end,
Never asking you to really choose,
I'm bond to lose,
And likely tear your heart in two,

I don't want to cause you pressure,
Or have you pondering,
Wondering if I'm really here for you,
Or have a personal squandering,

I'm just wondering,
If you truly,
Let me be yours,
Balance the seesaw of friends,
And something much more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments