Predestined Words

Always told,
I wasn’t good enough,
Accepted the truth,
And the confidence I had left,
I threw it up,
There goes my gut,

Instinctively inclined to fail,
Never think try,
Because I’m born to fail,
Words stamped on me since my youth,

I ate those words up,
And started to live that truth,
Failure after failure,
Confirmed the peanut gallery words,
To be true,

Have you once tried to fly?
Then life smacks you down like,
I TOLD YOU,

Starting to believe,
Life hates me from the moment,
I opened my eyes,
Because ever since birth,
I always felt oppressed,
Never making something,
Out of myself,

I’m not good enough,
That’s what they always say,
I will never rise,
I will only fade away,
And never live to see the day,
Someone break the family curse,
And rise to a higher place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments