Storyline # 1 (part 3)

 At times I feel like,
I then outgrown my friends,
My blessings too big,
And I'm surrounded by fish with no fins,

How could you swim?
If you never had dreams that roar,
Inside your spirit, sizzling like a fish on a skillet,
Feeling like I'm being reinvented,
And ones around me isn't fitted,
What a sad feeling,

The people I grew up with,
And got comfortable round,
Was the ones not fitted,
God told me leave that town,

So I pound on my chest,
And trust my heart,
Because at the end of the day,
I trusted God from the start,

He tells me to move,
Though I feel discomfort,
He knows what's best for me,
I just have to be humble,

I can tell my kids about childhood friends,
But no physical proof, isn't what I intend,
They were good for the moment,
But God said let 'em go,
Sounds like I'm alone,
But he never let me go,
Just adjusted my foundation,
To his liking though


Writer: @living_everyday_optimistically (L.E.O.) - Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments