The Scars Remain

My ex cheated on me,
Thought it was love from the start,
but that diminish from me,
Turned out I was her heart,
But physically vacant,
The distance made a difference and the guy near by saw the opportunity and ate it,

I bet she wasn't tasteless,
probably filled with seven spices,
I can't speak on it because she never gave it,
Up to me,
the plate was meant for me,
so eventually,
I'll get the plate if I can deal with the grief,
of an old friend first,
hitting her repeatedly,

I hate second,
If I know you,
feel like I'm hitting the same spot as you,
beating a dead horse is like a poison,

slowly killing myself,
intimacy I see the previous owner,
started comparing our lives and feel frozen,
then turned me into a drunk and I'm overdosing,
vomiting out words that should never be spoken,

my insecurities get revealed,
my vulnerability never gets healed,
this relationship steering without a steering wheel,
we crash into a tree,
it splits you from me,
we never talk again,
I tell myself this is how it's supposed to be,
as I sit distraught and in misery,
blood falling from my cheek,
still got scars from that love like,
remember me....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments