In the Wake of a New Life

Side note: My poetry is a journey of my life. I'm unselfish so I share some of it.…to show I'm human and to hopefully help someone else.


Sitting here scared to death,
Paranoid about what will happen next,
Similar place but new ventures,
Rattles my mind and I'm scared by my potential,
Emotionally shooked,
Rising up, I see when I look,
Ahead of myself yet I'm still afraid myself,
My life serves more of a purpose,
And I'm aware of it,
Sometimes motivates me to fail less,
Because I inspire people,
And if I fail,
Their hope for themselves would have left,

In the wake of a new life,
I'm excited but shaking,
Far from what I knew, but I believe,
I will make it,
I know it's a big stage, but I'm scared to take it,
I know I'm prepared but get shy to embrace it,
Yet people still have happy faces,
When they speak about me, because they believe I'll make it,

So much pressure for a young man,
Who still sees himself as a child, and none of this was planned,
I feel I'm living a dream,
I never realized I'll see, so many things,
I guess I doubted my potential or my potential creeped up on me,
And show me more things, than I ever believed,

I wasn't supposed to make it even here,
Two times I tried to end this, before it even begin,
But I made it,
Grace of God kept me, he was like boy,
"You gonna make it,"

Starting to realized,
There's more to my life,
I feel like I'm valuable,
But I haven't noticed it in my life,
Others do,
They cherish you,
Respect you,
Saying you're gonna make it,
Telling myself, these people are crazy,
How they see that in me,
When I haven't seen it lately,

Am I congested,
And can't smell my own self,
Or do they believe something,
I don't fit in myself,

Used to wonder where's my help,
Then God showed me dreams,
That confirmed it,

I believe it,
Looking now to not just conceive it,
But birthed it soon,
Or at least every day giving my best,
So then I know I'm getting closer to the next place,

I represent my race,
I represent my family,
I represent every one who ever cherished me,
Who ever made me believe,
I'm more than I ever dreamed,
Now I walk confidently,
Trying to accomplish my dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments