Focused

Feel like I'm flapping my wings,
And still haven't flew yet,
Guess I wasn't meant to fly...yet,
Working hard, dripping sweat,
Until that day I finally,
Get out of this mess,

I'm a diamond buried,
Amongst all the dirt,
People over look me,
Until I emerge,

For now I remain submerged,
Into my books so I won't get took,
By these crooks,
Mental pictures keep the pictures,
So my memory never fade,
When its time to rely,
On the knowledge I've gained,

Watch out for me, I'm coming,
Running and running,
Never settled down,
Until I reach where I'm running,

Even when I'm almost there,
I run hard,
I want to cross the finish line,
Running hard,
No huffing and puffing,
I've trained every minute,
To get to this moment,
Picturing it in my sleep,
Keeps me,
Always hungry,
Locked in,
Looking to own it,
I know in no time,
The time is coming,

The gun then sounded,
And watch this marathon,
I'm running.

Writer: @living_everyday_optimistically (L.E.O.) - Instagram
Fan page: @LJS_Writings - Instagram and Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments