Only Role Model



I don’t condone the lifestyle that he had,
But I do condone the fact,
He was all I had,

He was my father figure,
Big brother and the only figure,
Who could show me the way,
Because his feelings about our living conditions,
Equally vivid,

Birthed in a struggling world,
Nothing was given,
At times felt like,
Hope was something life never was given,
Even though I’m past these days,
I can still see it vivid,

Cousin back in jail,
But I’m still living,
Lost now,
He was all that I saw,
As a model figure,

No one to turn to,
I’m out on my own,
Succeeding in life,
Wishing my cousin was home,

I know this not,
The way the world works,
It doesn’t always give you,
The thing you want to work,

Grant me this wish Lord,
I know I’m not perfect,
I’m halfway good,
I sin still,
But God don’t continue to hurt this,

Family I have,
We all we got,
Correct his missteps,
I promise to help him off the block,
Lord hear my prayer,
Because I know you’re all I got,
To make it stop
Written by @LJS_Writings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments