Economically Enslaved

Purpose: Don't let money compromise you..

Used to want to level up,
Second thoughts start to touch,
My consciousness like nun chucks,
Misused,

Learned that this level full of miscues,
Missing my lower levels,
It’s so underappreciated,
And not this rude,

This level full of cut throat people,
Speaking that we’re equal,
And cheering for the same team,
However there’s always blood in the water,
And my comrades scream,

But I’m supposed to ignore it,
And look the other way,
Like just the other day,
You didn’t,
Show the other side of you,
So I disregard,
Your poker face,

Daily walking on egg shells,
Conscious that this can all break,
My life is frail,

Being on work probation isn’t a joke,
You woke for the state,
But there’s a loss at state,
So make sure you choke on what you want to say,
Until after your 180 days,

Wasn’t the way I was raised,
To bow down to these standards,
God is my gatekeeper,
Not your institutional standards,

I walk with matters,
But won’t settle for banter,
To have a leash on my life,
I would walk away giving no answers,

Leaving you puzzle,
Like this kid took a walk,
And our money can’t muzzle,

The fight of this kid,
The morals he stand by,
Remember when you asked me “can I?”

The power is mind,
Mentally above,
What you can offer me,
You asked me,
So your department could be free,

You got a diamond,
Who came out of the rough,
But slavery is not my clutch,

I would easily give this up,
Not a slave to money,
Destined to be wealthy,
God tells me,

Know my worth,
But I don’t have to yell thee,
Truth to you,

I will just fly by and if you shoot,
You unveil the real you,
And I treat you accordingly,

I hope this isn’t a horror story,
My loyalty is to you,
I gave you my undergrad years,
And even tears,
Will we reach decades or years?
Time will tell us,
If this would appear.
Written by @LJS_Writings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments