An Experience on Christmas EveEve

Yesterday, I was leaving a Zaxby's in Atlanta off Tara Blvd. The cashier at the window said there's a man with his kids who walk up and down this street every day asking for money for food for him and his kids. At that moment, Christmas presents didn't matter or anything materialistic.

I could only think how hard it was for survival for this guy. A father who wanted to provide for his two daughters who were roughly about 4 years old. I opened my wallet and gave him every dollar I had.
The holiday season isn't about gifts. It's about love, selflessness, and being a helping hand for others. It was literally the first time I ever seen a kid grab for money thoroughly understand the symbolic meaning of it. Like, it was crazy to see. I was glad I was able to help out. I thought take a pic to show the world. But, I didn't. It's not about that.

I just hope sharing my experience enables others to spread the holiday spirit not just one day but year round. We are all so powerful when we come together. We can change the world. One nice deed at a time times a thousand or a million people doing it. Equals change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments