Needing Proper Burial

The boy in me died,
But I didn’t give it,
Its proper burial,

Scarecrows,
Tip toe in my present,
Birthed in my past,
Died in-between,
Withered but last,

Through the winters and summers,
The bad days and the drama,
And the heated times I was under,

Getting a little older now,
Got to move different,
Imagining kids and a wife,
Got to find a jewel,
In the pool of fishes,

Sanitation worker,
Realizing I had a bigger purpose,
Cleansing my life from these feces,
To see who’s really worth it,

Crowned king,
Written centuries ago,
God just letting you see the growth,
But I been dreaming these goals,

You’re blessed to watch it come to life,
Loss so many close ones,
Who told me my life,
They saw previews,
Of my current view,
Evolving from a child to a man,
Because of you,
Rest easy,
I’m always thinking……….of you


Writer: @living_everyday_optimistically (L.E.O.) - Instagram

Fan page: @LJS_Writings - Instagram and Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"

Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments