Inspired by Angela Rye's Comments

They made Angela Rye cry,
Time for our form of apartheid,
People just starting to be woke,
People been hanging from ropes,
Even a few months ago,

They failed to acknowledge the truth,
When it’s been staring at you,
400 years ignored,
What does that say about you?

It’s cool,
You didn’t believe what we say,
Then we provided you videotapes,
You choke us to death,
Shoot us to dead in broad day,
And we’re feeling helpless,
And our mothers continue to cry every day,

I’m still hopeful for better,
And I believe in God,
Sometimes I wish I could lash out,
But my hands are tied,

Can’t be the hero my people need,
It hurts me to see,
The level of success I have,
Yet it still don’t matter,
They still treat me like a savage,

Hate that our babies have to grow up in this madness,
Feel like daily,
Amerikkka has given us sadness


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspired by Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It"